Sunday 15 July 2012

Furniture Hunting in Lynden WA

Dear friends!!!
I miss YOU!!!!
My life has been CRAZY lately: my mom and our friend left, July 4th.
A week later, my mom did not feel well and my brother asked me to come to Brazil!!! So here I am!!!! Don't hate me (LOL)!
My mom is FINE. It was just a scare. But the family being together makes everybody better!

Last week on Tuesday, me and my friend Ingrid went to Lynden, WA. In our adventures we met my friend Kelley, and she showed us a great Thrift Store in Bellingham!
Dining chair
When we first arrived in Lynden, we saw a street (Front Street) full of antique stores. Very cute, and less expensive than Fort Langley (a city closer to me).
Close-up
From there we met Kelley and we went to the Goodwill in Bellingham. Only one stop and I filled my car... because, OF COURSE, I fell in love with the first thing I saw: a round dinning table with 4 chairs... I am more and more defining my style. I like big pieces. I like hunting for treasures but I enjoy big treasures, LOL! 

Passing in the border... LOL!!!! I was so excited about my dining set I FORGOT to keep the receipt with me! So it was BURIED in a bag or a basket, tucked behind my seat, with all the big pieces on top! The guard asked me how much I spent and I said... and he said: ONLY??? For this car full of STUFF??? You got a DEAL!
I was trying to be helpful and show him what was inside the car, so I opened the back window... and this is what he saw...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
Ok, I have to say my husband was not so happy to have to take the heavy table out of the car in 30C heat. 
Little things we bought at Front Street, Lynden
We had to take the base of the table off to fit in the car...
I can't wait to get my hands in all this stuff!!!
Thank you so much for your patience, I will try to write another post this week!
Cheers,
Claudine


8 comments:

  1. Great to know your mom is doing well! Enjoy your time down there! Have a nice week ~ Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Vanessa!!!
      Thank you!!! Yes, I am mostly home with her but it is so funny I want to take pictures of stuff... just to show on my blog! I read in Claudia Magazine, they have loys of shabby chic and farmhouse stuff, SUPER EXPENSIVE!!!
      Hugs,
      Claudine

      Delete
  2. Oh Claudine, you make me laugh!! I've never been to the Goodwill there, but now I'll have to go!! :) I'm so glad you liked Lynden, you know it's one of MY favorite places!! And I am SO glad that your mom is doing fine!!

    xo, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Leanne!!!
      I hope you are feeling better!
      Yes, my mom is better, thank you!
      I thought about you in Lynden, that Front Street is so cute! I loved the store that sells ASCP also, so many great things!
      I found so funny we stopped at a Dairy market before crossing back and people were buying tons of milk?? and cheese??? LOL! We got an ice cream adn could not resist to buy a pound of cheese, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!Hugs,
      Claudine

      Delete
  3. Claudine,
    I am soooooooo jealous!!! I have been looking for a table like that for my kitchen! I will have to go to that thrift store... What was it called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kathryn!!!
      OOOHHHH, I feel so guilty!!! I don't need a table like that, do you need table and chairs? I could use the chairs if you want only the table...
      The store is the Good will in Belligham, Kelley knows better because I followed her there! The guy said they get LOTS of furniture! Hugs! Claudine

      Delete
  4. Not only does your car appear to be stuffed like mine last week, look like a similar vehicle, we even both had one of those wood shoe shine boxes. What are you doing to do with yours?

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, isn't that funny!!!???
      I was thinking to paint the little box to put some guy "trinket"??? Like even wallet, cell and keys?
      My son could use a box to put this kind of stuff, Although he has a silver bowl and never uses it... lol!
      Perhaps paint it graphite?? I have such a hard time painting old stuff like that. I feel like I am ruining the piece...
      What are you doing with yours?
      And thanks again for coming over, so kind of you!

      Delete