Wednesday 7 March 2012

Quesadillas

Last week I made quesadillas, and took a bunch of pictures to show you step-by-step!
I am from Brazil, and we don't normally eat quesadillas there. So, I learned about quesadillas here in Canada, and here is MY OWN version! 
This is super easy and my family LOVES to take for lunch the next day!
You will need:
2 lbs of chicken breasts

2 big red bell peppers
About 1 pound of sliced mushrooms (this time they did not have sliced ones so I did it myself, but I love to buy already sliced mushrooms) 
salt and pepper, and whatever herbs or spices you want to use
1 lbs of shredded cheese ( I use a mix of cheddar and mozzarela)
10 big flour tortillas


I use a deep frying pan as you will see in the photo.
Cut the chicken breasts in small cubes. Sautee in olive oil. The pan should be HOT. After is a bit golden, start turning the chicken and frying all sides. 


I add salt and TURMERIC. Now, I read somewhere turmeric is really good for you and I also like the taste, but you can put some chili powder, some paprika, some basil or parsley, whatever you like. I normally choose one or two things, not a bunch of spices together. Mine had only salt and turmeric. I can put a little chili powder for a little "zing".


Keep frying! Add the chopped peppers, doesn't it look beautiful?



And add the mushrooms! Keep the heat on HIGH, you don't want water to form or it will be soggy. It will take about 10 minutes (after the kitchen is cooked) and everything will be cooked!

(sorry, I forgot to take a pic of the mushrooms in it)


Now you can assemble your quesadillas: I buy white flour tortillas but you can use whole wheat, sundried tomato, pesto, whatever you like or find in the supermarket. This recipe is for the big tortillas, and normally is enough for 10.


So, put a bit of the filling, 


then a bit of cheese!


I grill on my grill but you can use a flat frying pan and a spatula!

I forgot to take a picture of all of them ready, LOL!
Here is the first one, ready:



I made ten! I love to eat them with sour cream!

I hope you make them! They are a GREAT idea for the kids to take to school for lunch, it tastes delicious even cold!


4 comments:

  1. These definitely have a yum factor. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura!!! I remember taking them for lunch (when I worked outside) and eating them at 10am, LOL!!

      Delete
  2. Ooo, I'll have to try these. I LOVE turmeric!

    ReplyDelete